Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dude...

I bought Assassin's Creed this weekend.

And I really want to write a review that's more comprehensive than just saying "Dude!" while I drool all over the keyboard...

This was, without a doubt, the best video game I have ever (yet) played. The graphics were stunning. The storyline was interesting and immersive, topped off with some top-notch voice-acting...they really did get Kristen Bell for a main character. Some of the plot twists were maybe a touch predictable, but I blame myself for being smart enough to know that something like this was coming and looking ahead for what it was; the writers deserve a lot of credit for plot twists that made sense instead of feeling contrived.

And the gameplay was world-changing.

I had heard all this before in reviews: Assassin's Creed was supposed to be the next generation of video game. And now that I've seen it and played it, it was not overhyped. This game was jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

And I hear the next one was even better...

No comments: